Monday, 26 November 2007
Saturday, 24 November 2007
I have been tagged by Rob Ryan who in turn has been tagged and asked to provide five facts about myself. I'm also going to ask five people to continue the tagging. I'm going to pick five artists who inspire me. Rob would be one but he has already done his, will need to think of another! Now I'm thinking that each person needs a blog so it maybe even harder than i thought. How many other bloggers do I know? Anyway, here are my facts ....
1. When I was nine I entered a colouring competition at our local Wimpy bar, in Hemel Hempstead. I knew I would win before I'd started my picture. Three weeks after handing in my drawing I went back to the Wimpy for my usual burger & chips meal. My picture was pinned to the wall with a 'first prize' sticker next to it. I haven't won a competition since. My prize was a Mr Wimpy watch in a box, it never worked but I still have it.
2. When I was seven I met a magician, he was the entertainer in our holiday hotel in Cornwall. He gave me a magic wand. I was so disappointed when it didn't work I immediately put it over my knee, snapped it in two and threw it on the floor.
3. When I silk screen I am still surprised by what I see on the paper when I lift the screen up. This feeling of aniticipation and wonder is what makes me do what I do. It still feels great.
4. When I feel frustrated, in a bad mood, pissed off etc, I put on 'Annie Hall'. It never fails to make me feel good, it's a given.
5. I made a mental 'note to self' that if I started a blog, it would be predominantly about silkscreen printing. I guess I've blown it ....
Friday, 23 November 2007
I have just found out that Reggie is no longer with us. I was a huge fan of his paintings before I had the pleasure of meeting him .... then I was a big fan of him too. I will miss you Reggie.
Wednesday, 14 November 2007
Tuesday, 13 November 2007
I had my first and only show at the gallery at Pentagram, in September 2003. I hand printed the invites, including their envelopes. This is a photograph of them all drying off ready to be posted ....
Friday, 2 November 2007
We have our Open Studio weekend on December 1st & 2nd, so I decided to have a tidy and found these. Its great to re-discover old work, I often prefer a print having not seen it for a year or so.